Staff Seminar a Success
Thank you for coming out and supporting the MFHA at the Biennial Staff Seminar in Lexington, KY. We'd like to thank all our vendors and member hunts who donated items for our silent auction; it was a big success, raising over $11,000 for the Association and the Foundation!
A special congratulations to Larry Pitts, Potomac Hunt huntsman, on receiving the Ian Milne Award and also to Thaddeus Prince from Misty River Hounds on receiving the Youth Scholarship to attend the seminar.
Submit Your Calendar Photos Today!
It's time once again to submit candidates for the 2015 MFHA North American Foxhunting Calendar. We take photos from both professional and amateur photographers but they must meet the following guidelines:
1) High resolution: 300 dpi or larger, expandable to 9x13 with no dot gain or blurring.
2) Depict an MFHA recognized or registered hunt.
3) Be horizontal in aspect (do not send vertical photos).
4) Be named with your last name (ie: Smith_2014).
5) Include a Word document that has details about the photo-who's in it, what they are doing, and what hunt is depicted.
6) Can be any season, as long as it it clear that it is hunting related (hound shows, hound exercise, cubbing, etc.) are all acceptable.
Do not send:
1) Cell phone photos
2) Files named with a camera ID such as IMG_1234 or DCS5678
3) Photos of scenes that are not hunting related.
Please send your photos via a link on Dropbox. Do NOT send photos through email.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jockey Club Renews TIP funding for 2014 Hunt Horse of the Year
The Jockey Club has provided $200 in cash and awards for the Field Horse of the Year and Staff Horse of the Year for 2014.
1) Staff Horse of the Year: Nominated by a registered and recognized hunt's MFH, the Staff Horse of the Year exhibits the best qualities of the TB and the hunt horse: game, bold, fearless, fast and rideable. The staff hunt horse is truly a special animal that everyone in the club admires for his qualities. Must be a registered Thoroughbred, with proof of registration as provided at www.tjctip.com. Award: $100 to the hunt club or owner and engraved or embroidered prize (cooler, halter, etc) (provided by T.I.P.). Winner announced at the MFHA Annual Meeting, January 2015.
2) Field Member Horse of the Year: Field Master nominated, this horse exhibits the best qualities of the TB and field horse. A fine jumper, polite in the field, well mannered at the trailer. Must be a registered Thoroughbred, with proof of registration as provided at www.tjctip.com. $100 to member + prize. Winner announced at MFHA Annual Meeting Jan. 2015.
The deadline for nominations is October 1. Application can be found here.